Here’s a fabulous link for 20 tips on how to take notes in class
1. Making your notes look good is all about adding on extras aside from just writing. Here are a few tips that will make your notebooks look amazing:
2. Highlighting is a great way to make your notes look colorful and cool, while also keeping things very easy to read. Create a color coding system so that it’s not just there for no reason.
3. You can also label your highlighters so that you never mix up your system.
4. Annotating keeps your notes organized and easy to read, and can also make them look better. Here are a few simple ways to stress certain words and phrases.
5. Taking notes can be time consuming, which is why it’s helpful to know certain abbreviations and symbols that will minimize writing but still make sense.
6. Sketchnotes is a way of taking notes that includes lots of little drawings. It makes note taking fun and look more put together. Here are some little symbols to know:
7. Keep these bullet points in mind:
8. If you want more structure, use this method of note taking for something that’s proven to work:
9. If you’re still not convinced this is the way to go, read this:
10. Here are a few simple ways to embellish your notes:
11. Aside from making your words look cooler, you can also illustrate with little drawings – and you don’t need to be an artist to do it right. Follow these tips:
12. If you’re more into outlines than long paragraphs, here’s a good way do that:
13. Make sure you use titles, dates, and headlines in different styles of writing so that you can find things easier.
14. Follow these steps to be as neat as possible:
15. Having your own structure is important – copy this template, or create what works for you:
16. Sketchnoting is the prettiest way to take notes. Here’s what to know if you want to try it:
17. Add in boxes, bullet points, Post-It notes, and more to highlight certain things and organize all of the info in the best way possible.
18. Don’t forget about your notes the second class is over! They’re supposed to serve a purpose. Here’s how to make the best use of them:
19. Two things from here to keep in mind: one, you can always embellish and add on later when doing homework, so don’t forget to focus on what your teacher is saying and not just your notes. Two, if you prefer to have things on the computer, scan or copy them later!
20. Your notes don’t just have to be paragraphs. Here are several different formats you can choose from: